Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Raw Wednesdays

Raw Wednesdays is not an original idea and some of my favorite bloggers have been doing it for quite awhile (What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway ... on a Raw Wednesday). And some of my favorite bloggers do it all the time (Rawdorable, Choosing Raw).

It's a pretty simple concept: eat raw foods.

If you want to know all the whys behind eating raw, you're on your own. There's a lot of information out there and I'm not really qualified to discuss it all. The reasons people have for eating raw are as varied as the people who do it. My reasons have to do with loving food, but I'll take any health benefits that come along with it.

I've had, and even made, some killer raw dishes and I'm challenging myself to one raw day a week to broaden my horizons. Raw foodies have some brilliant ideas. The classic Green Smoothie has been a workday breakfast staple of mine for over a year now and I want to learn more from their creativity.

If you look into raw eating online, you'll see a lot of expensive, fancy kitchen equipment. I don't have a juicer, spiralizer, dehydrator or expensive blender, but I do have a food processor and I ordered a mandoline today. All that stuff is great, but not necessary to dip your toes in raw waters.

Today was the first of many Raw Wednesdays and it went really well. The next post will detail the menu and methods I used and I'll try to be faithful about chronicling my future raw adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment