Friday, May 14, 2010

Implement Roundup

Last night, my waffle iron arrived! I can't wait to test it out this weekend in anticipation of Global Vegan Waffle Party. I'll be attending a party on the 30th with a bunch of strangers and that's both scary and exciting. And I think on the actual date, the 29th, I'll just throw myself a party and gorge on waffles. I am blessed with several recipes courtesy of Vegan Brunch, but now I'll be on the lookout for more.



But a waffle iron is not the end of my implement craze. I recently also bought a 13.5 inch cast iron skillet (how cool is it that the pre-seasoning method is vegan?). I did season it myself as well, using the technique I found here.

I also acquired a mandoline some time ago and finally put it to work this week to make a fancy-ish looking salad on which to try out some Creamy Asian Dressing.

This dressing, by the way, is divine. Dressings always leak out of my Tupperware, so I carry mine to work in a thoroughly-cleaned curry paste jar.

Next, I have my eye on a juicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment