Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Could It Get Any Easier?

Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.
—Stanislaw Jerzy Lec, Polish poet and aphorist


Leafleting was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but it wasn't my first and only attempt to distribute literature. Some time ago, I discovered Take 5 Save 5. I wish I could remember how I found it - I'm sure I landed there via another blog or vegan resource. Either way, I started doing it and it's really easy.

The way it works is that you go to Craigslist and post an ad for free vegetarian starter kits. People email you their address, you enter it on the Take 5 website and they do the rest. You don't even have to go to Craigslist yourself, the button on the Take 5 page will grab one for you.

I spend most of my work day screwing around on the internet and posting once to Craigslist doesn't even take 5 minutes, I've made this part of my morning routine (it's even one of 6 pages that loads automatically for me every day). Each time one gets flagged, or expires, I repost.

I also made signs with the website on tear-off tabs. I posted these in the health and grocery stores near me, as well as in the yoga studio I patronize.

So if it's too cold, or too hot to leaflet, or if you're just really busy, then take a few moments that you might have spent rereading the same boring Facebook posts, and post an ad for free vegetarian starter packs.

Since Craigslist detects identical copy, I have three versions of the message I use. Here they are if you want to get started.

#1
Free Vegetarian Starter Pack!
I have a free Vegetarian Starter Pack I'd love to send you - it has recipes, nutrition and health information, product tips, and a lot more! Just email me your mailing address and I'll put a Veg Starter Pack in the mail for you!

#2
Vegetarian Starter Booklet - Free
Send me your mailing address and I’ll mail you a booklet with information and recipes to get you started.

#3
Free Vegetarian Info and Recipes
I’ll put a booklet in the mail for you! I just need your mailing address to send the pack full of information and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment