Watching the videos discussed in the last two posts takes a lot out of you. Maybe you've watched them and you're ready to hand out some leaflets or to join a protest, but what can you do right now? If you're looking for a way to channel your anger, and you need some comfort, why not do something right now (or once your comfort cupcakes are in the oven) to benefit animals?
1. Clean out your linen closet. Take any old sheets, towels, or blankets to your local shelter.
2. Sponsor an animal at Farm Sanctuary, or at a similar organization.
3. Adopt an animal from a shelter (assuming you can provide the appropriate care).
4. Ask someone to go vegan.
5. Hang a bird feeder.
6. Stop by an animal shelter and take some dogs for a walk.
7. Sign up for The World-Wide Vegan Bake Sale and start recruiting volunteers.
8. Contact your local chapter of Food Not Bombs and get involved.
9. Buy two copies of Eating Animals, Meat Market, or Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating and donate them to your library.
10. Audit your household cleaning and personal hygiene products. Make a list of what needs to be replaced with cruelty-free products and be ready when you run out.