Thursday, January 27, 2011

PPK Cookbook Challenge Week 2: Veganomicon

Week 2's choice, Veganomicon, overlaps with the Cook. Vegan. Lover. Cookbook Club. I'll review the book in more detail by that deadline, but for now, here are my picks for the PPK Challenge

Mexican Millet and Black Beans in Chipotle Adobo Sauce
These were great and super easy. I've been looking for more bean/grain combos to add to my arsenal for busy nights and this is a combination I'll come back to again.

Cauliflower and Mushroom Potpie with Black Olive Crust
I'd been meaning to make this forever and my only regret is waiting so long. This is delicious and satisfying and I will most definitely be making it again and again.



Terry's Favorite Almond Cookie
I actually ended up making two batches of these because the first did not last long at all. These cookies are unbelievably good. They're perfectly chewy and soft, and the flavors are wonderful. My mouth is watering just thinking about them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment